Salsas are some of my favorite food pairings. They provide flavors where they are needed or sometimes just the perfect complement.
This simple cucumber salsa has its nutritional values as well as a sweet, glazed, and crunchy bite.
Cucumbers are known to be one of the best foods for your body’s overall health. Some benefits of Cucumbers:
- Fights cancer
- Aids in weight loss
- Reduces joint pain
- Reduces cholesterol
- Promotes digestion
- Prevents headaches
- Rehydrates and remineralizes
- Cures diabetes
- Controls blood pressure
- Quick pick-me up
- One that most people love…hangover cure!
This salsa has other nutritious ingredients, but cucumbers are the the main ingredient.
Simple Cucumber Salsa:
Servings: 4-6 servings
Total Time: 10 minutes
2 cups English hothouse cucumber (unpeeled) cubed 1/4″
1 cup Shallots
1/2 cup Carrots (half-dome, 1/4″ thick)
1/2 cup Cilantro (coarsely cut)
1 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil (Peanut Oil works too)
1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
Couple Pinches of ground Black pepper
Pinch of Salt
In a medium mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together and serve.
- 2 cups English hothouse cucumber (unpeeled) cubed ¼"
- 1 cup Shallots
- ½ cup Carrots (half-dome, ¼" thick)
- ½ cup Cilantro (coarsely cut)
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil (Peanut Oil works too)
- 1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Couple Pinches of ground Black pepper
- Pinch of Salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together and serve.